Skip to content
- TIL in a rare move for a large corporation, SC Johnson voluntarily stopped using Polyvinylidene chloride in saran wrap which made it cling but was harmful to the planet. They lost a huge market share.
- TIL Andre Agassi won 10 of 11 matches after seeing a “tick” in Boris Becker’s serve. Agassi could predict where Becker was serving based on whether Becker stuck his tongue out in the middle of his lip or to the left corner of his lip. Agassi told Becker over a pint of beer – after they retired.
- TIL Princess Diana didn’t initially die at the scene of her car accident, but 5 hours later due to a tear in her heart’s pulmonary vein. She would’ve had 80% chance of survival if she had been wearing her seat belt.
- Chinese organ farm.
- TIL of the “Antikythera mechanism”, believed to be the oldest example of an analogue computer. It’s estimated to have been created sometime between 205 BC and 87 BC. It could track the position of the sun and moon, what phase the moon was in, solar eclipses and possibly the location of the planets.
- The Dodleston Messages: Proof of Time Travel? — In 1985, Ken Webster began receiving strange messages on his computer that seemed to be from a man in the 1500s. The man claimed he had been given a “light box” that allowed him to communicate with people from the future.
- AMA:: We’re a group of researchers and library developers of homomorphic encryption, here to answer questions about homomorphic encryption and why it’s important for the future of data privacy!
- TIL of Mills Darden whose confirmed height was 7’6 (229 cm) and weighed around 860-1,020 lbs (390 to 460 kg). He was capable of tossing 500-pound (230 kg) piles of hay with ease and single-handedly carried 12 feed sacks (1200lb, 544kg, 85 stone) over 1.2 miles (1.9 km).
- You have to be 13 years old to drink from Spock’s Mug
- does anyone know what happened to uap.news? i would be so disappointed if this resource was lost
- China’s new spy ship seems to be a perfect fit for this photo released by the U.S government a few years ago.
- Trump calls Kanye West ‘seriously troubled man, who just happens to be black’ amid fallout over dinner
- Went to a friendsgiving, they let their neighbor know ahead of time that they would be having people over, it was 4:45pm on a saturday and about 6 people were there at that point. He abruptly knocked on the door once, taped this note to the door and ran off.
- It’s Christmas 1975. I’m 5 yrs old and so glad my dad survived Vietnam. I know he’ll live to be my hero for many years
- I found an old NASA power point that predicted Havana Syndrome as an act of future warfare as well as a few other uncanny projected technology trends that are commonly discussed in the UAP community such as swarming technology and all domain sensor capabilities