Canada developed the remote manipulator system for the Space Shuttle program, this was an essential piece of hardware for many missions even though it wasn’t always flown. It would be enhanced over time, and when the International Space Station began development Canada were again called upon to develop and build a new generation of the arm.
Follow me on Twitter for more updates:
Tweets by DJSnM
I have a discord server where I regularly turn up:
If you really like what I do you can support me directly through Patreon
- Astronauts Bob & Doug Become Heroes & NASA Goes Nuclear – Deep Space Updates – February 4th
- Exclusive: Kerbal Space Program 2 Rocket!! Playable in KSP
- Watch NASA’s Massive Artemis 1 Rocket Launch In Slow-Mo
- NASA’s Mars Insight Shuts Down, Zhuque-2 and Vega-C Rockets Fail – Deep Space Updates 2022/12/21
- Will Leaking Russian Spaceship Leave The Crew Stranded In Space?
- Why NASA used Paint By Numbers to Make Their First Mars Picture
- What Happened After Space Shuttle Columbia Lost Contact
- Artemis 1 Launches, Asteroid Crashes, ESA Gets New Astronauts – Deep Space Update November 23rd
- Why The Biggest Laser in the World is Making Big News About Fusion
- China Debuts 2 New Rockets, Dear Moon Announces Crew – Deep Space Updates December 10
- SpaceX’s Record Breaking 2022 – Deep Space Updates – January 5th 2023
- Why The Space Shuttle Only Launched Three Deep Space Missions
- Why Did Virgin Orbit’s First Launch From The UK Fail To Reach Orbit?
- ABL’s RS-1 Rocket Fails Seconds Into its Maiden Launch
- Why Does The Trident Missile Have A Spike On Its Nose?