Skip to content
- TIL brussels sprouts used to have a bitter taste until breeders in the 90s started to cross-pollinate different varieties in order to remove the chemicals that caused the bitterness. The result of their work has lead to brussels sprouts’s recent culinary popularity.
- TIL boxer Jack Johnson was once pulled over for a $50 speeding ticket and gave the officer a $100 bill. When the officer said he couldn’t provide change, Johnson told him to keep it as he was going to make his return trip at the same speed.
- TIL that in 1977 Bob Marley was diagnosed with melanoma under a toenail. He rejected his doctors’ advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs. The cancer subsequently spread and he died of metastatic melanoma 4 years later, at the age of 36.
- So i was at the mall to watch a movie and this cop approached me and i was like,”ahhh,he is gonna check me for weed in front of everyone and make a scene”. But he sweetly came up to me with a smile and wanted to click a pic with me to show his son. Here is the pic, Keep Smiling:)) Have a nice week:)
- I found my dream car from childhood, flew to SFO, and drove it 442 miles home; I am the happiest girl in the world!
- Colorado elections officials formally order recount in race between Lauren Boebert and Adam Frisch
- Chinese & Japanese tech companies are hiring “programmer cheerleaders” to motivate programmers and raise morale in the office
- Those ladies who worked in the front office at school
- Freshman year in the dorms at UNLV ’97-’98
- Amazon worker left a movie review with my order
- My wife and I were finally able to catch “Red Thread”, a pigeon we had been seeing for weeks. The little guy had string tangled around his foot. I was able to get him to eat outta my hand, then after a couple tries I got him! We are feelin pretty good now. 💐❤️🇨🇦
- A bakery in North Yorkshire is reverting to a practice from medieval times by offering to bake local people’s cakes – because of very high energy prices in the UK. Ed Trewhitt says he wants to get the most out of the always-on heat and is also providing a public warming room above his bakery. (MiC)
- Will Smith’s family looking like a rogues’ gallery of Batman villains
- 🔥 Primate swings past family for an unforgettable experience
- Robots have taken over my home town!