Skip to content
- TIL that the “Christmas bonus” given by the UK government to disabled people has been fixed at £10 ever since it was introduced in 1972. Had it been adjusted for inflation it would be more than £130 now.
- China wants its downed spy aircraft back, saying it ‘does not belong to the US’
- TIL : TIL a female reporter attempted to recreate the famous novel “Around The World In 80 Days”. Not only did she complete it with eight days to spare, she made a detour to interview Jules Verne, the original author.
- TIL Mr. Snuffleupagus from ‘Sesame Street’ was originally a friend of Big Bird’s that everyone else thought was imaginary, and it was decided that he should be seen by other people to encourage children to talk about any abuse they might have suffered.
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- A cute black cat tries to get kisses from owner while he’s doing the dishes
- I know its a show that is meant to be for comedy but this scene is so heartwarming they I had to post it here.
- My creeper neighbor doesn’t like me for rejecting him. This is the kind of stuff he does to try to get back at me. It kept happening so I talked to the garbage men. They said every time my fan is knocked over, they will pick up my trash….but they won’t pick up his (to try to get him to stop)
- TIL Mount Everest is named after Sir George Everest despite him having zero connection to the mountain (he never even saw it) and against his own wishes. He objected to the naming on the grounds that “Everest” could not be easily written in Hindi nor pronounced by the local people.
- A Professional Artist Spent 100 Hours Working On This Book Cover Image, Only To Be Accused Of Using AI
- TIL when the pope dies it is a tradition to hit him on the head with a hammer to make sure he’s dead.
- The “Ninja Bomb” that was used to kill an Al-Qaeda leader. It doesn’t explode (no warhead). It slices and cuts its target into pieces to minimize collateral damage
- TIL Lou Pai was a senior executive at Enron who, after having an affair with a stripper, to satisfy his divorce settlement, cashed out $250 million of his Enron stock just before the company’s stock price collapsed and it filed for bankruptcy protection.
- Wow! BofA took $2k from someone and then told her she had to wait until February to get it resolved 👀 Woman said she tried to go to to the physical location and they had a line around the corner! This BofA stuff feels more real with each passing moment! 🔥😬
- It’s a new day, he is getting bolder in his attempts to be my cat