Skip to content
- Media largely ignores Trump press event, but not his newly released tax returns
- Gerard Butler Has Finally Found His Niche — Making Dad Movies For Guys Who Might Not Even Be Dads Yet
- Herschel Walker’s son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while ‘everyone with a brain’ begged him not to
- George Santos’ new treasurer: I am not his new treasurer
- Republican father of fentanyl victim shocked when MTG heckles his dead daughter at the SOTU: “And I’m a Republican – but the issue of drugs is not a partisan issue.”
- A woman claims she was r*ped at Kai Cenat’s party by his friend, Djigui Sack. Then accuses Kai of not speaking out after learning what happened. (tweets in comments)
- Turkey, the moment when a father covered his son with his body during a tragic earthquake. As it turned out, this saved his life, the son is alive.
- TIL in 1915 a farmer saw his sister make her own mascara with coal and petrolium jelly and thought he could make a better product. His invention was easier to apply and won’t burn a woman’s eye. He named his new company Maybelline after his sister Maybel and the base material Vasaline.
- I work from home, so my dad wanted me to sign for his package. Found this sign outside our door after I signed. For the record, I am not disabled.
- TIL that when Californians wanted to name a new city after San Francisco businessman William Ralston, he declined and said he was not worthy of the honor. So instead they named the city in honor of his modesty: Modesto, California.
- I.R.S. Routinely Audited Obama and Biden, Raising Questions Over Delays for Trump | The revelation that the agency had not audited Donald J. Trump during his first two years in office despite a mandatory presidential audit program raised concerns about potential politicization.
- TIL that in 1977 Bob Marley was diagnosed with melanoma under a toenail. He rejected his doctors’ advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs. The cancer subsequently spread and he died of metastatic melanoma 4 years later, at the age of 36.
- TIL Mount Everest is named after Sir George Everest despite him having zero connection to the mountain (he never even saw it) and against his own wishes. He objected to the naming on the grounds that “Everest” could not be easily written in Hindi nor pronounced by the local people.
- “Pastor” brags about his watch costing more than his second house
- My friend (15 yo) and his brick mailbox he made in his masonry class