Skip to content
- This chimp was born with broken ribs, had pneumonia and was abandoned by his own mother. This couple raised him and showed him love. This is how he reacts whenever he sees them now!
- Farm herd Casper, who faced off 11 coyotes and killed 8 of them. He was missing for two days right after which they believed he was tracking the remaining coyotes and finishing the job. His vet sad was lucky to be alive and his owner said he will have him retire from herding.
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- My family never remembers my birthday, i havent celebrated since i was little. This is my husband’s first time being home for one and he flew in, middle of the night with pie and a new car for me bc he knew it had been a rough day. I love him
- In 2015, a father saved his son’s life when doctors wrongly declared him dead and took him off life support. He barricaded himself in the hospital and even armed himself with a gun, he then had a stand off with a swat team, until his son squeezed his hand. The son ended up making a full recovery.
- My wife and I were finally able to catch “Red Thread”, a pigeon we had been seeing for weeks. The little guy had string tangled around his foot. I was able to get him to eat outta my hand, then after a couple tries I got him! We are feelin pretty good now. 💐❤️🇨🇦
- TIL boxer Jack Johnson was once pulled over for a $50 speeding ticket and gave the officer a $100 bill. When the officer said he couldn’t provide change, Johnson told him to keep it as he was going to make his return trip at the same speed.
- TIL Mount Everest is named after Sir George Everest despite him having zero connection to the mountain (he never even saw it) and against his own wishes. He objected to the naming on the grounds that “Everest” could not be easily written in Hindi nor pronounced by the local people.
- TIL that in 1931, a scientist tried to teach a baby chimpanzee human behavior by raising it alongside his human son. The chimpanzee never acquired language skills, and the experiment was called off when the human baby began imitating the chimpanzee’s vocalizations.
- Tollund Man, a Dane who died before Jesus Christ was born. His body was discovered in 1950, and had been well preserved due to it being protected by several layers of peat.
- An Argentine reporter, after her wallet was stolen by a fan in Qatar, stated: “The police asked me how I want to punish the offender and choose between imprisoning him for 5 years or deporting him from the country immediately.”
- TIL Prohibition Agent Izzy Einstein who bragged he could find liquor in any city in under 30 minutes. In Chicago it took him 21 minutes and Atlanta 17. However, New Orleans set the record at 35 seconds after he asked his driver where to get a drink and the driver handed him one
- David Goggins a U.S Navy Seal running The San Diego One Day. The race was 100 miles in 24 hours. He had zero prior training running ultramarathons and little to no food. He finished the race in 19 hours on broken legs and in kidney failure.
- He had a long road ahead of him
- Anthony Borges was 15 when he shielded twenty students from the Parkland shooter by blocking a classroom door almost 5 years ago (Feb 14, 2018). Taking several bullets himself and surviving while securing the door, he was dubbed “the real Iron Man”.