The Lesser known aerospike, the aerodynamic device found on the noses of missiles which have to have blunt noses to make them short enough to fit inside submarines. At supersonic speeds these reduce the drag by 50% and added 550km to the range of a Trident missile while still letting them fit in the same missile tubes designed for the original Polaris.
Follow me on Twitter for more updates:
Tweets by DJSnM
I have a discord server where I regularly turn up:
If you really like what I do you can support me directly through Patreon
- ABL’s RS-1 Rocket Fails Seconds Into its Maiden Launch
- Why Did Virgin Orbit’s First Launch From The UK Fail To Reach Orbit?
- Why The Biggest Laser in the World is Making Big News About Fusion
- Oh, Canadarm – Why NASA Calls On Canada for Robot Arms IN SPACE
- Why NASA used Paint By Numbers to Make Their First Mars Picture
- Failure of Arianespace’s Vega-C Rocket
- Watch A SpaceX Rocket Landing From Another Rocket! #shorts
- Build Planes! Rule The Skies! Join Runway Project – Season 5
- Exclusive: Kerbal Space Program 2 Rocket!! Playable in KSP
- Artemis 1 Launches, Asteroid Crashes, ESA Gets New Astronauts – Deep Space Update November 23rd
- Artemis 1 – Orion Entry and Splashdown
- Why Spacecraft Are Using These Crazy Routes To The Moon – Weak Stability and Ballistic Capture.
- What Is Distant Retrograde Orbit, And Why Is Artemis 1 Using It?
- Does it Snow On Other Planets?
- No, A Meteorite Did Not Burn Down This House