Skip to content
- David Goggins a U.S Navy Seal running The San Diego One Day. The race was 100 miles in 24 hours. He had zero prior training running ultramarathons and little to no food. He finished the race in 19 hours on broken legs and in kidney failure.
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- My family never remembers my birthday, i havent celebrated since i was little. This is my husband’s first time being home for one and he flew in, middle of the night with pie and a new car for me bc he knew it had been a rough day. I love him
- TIL Prohibition Agent Izzy Einstein who bragged he could find liquor in any city in under 30 minutes. In Chicago it took him 21 minutes and Atlanta 17. However, New Orleans set the record at 35 seconds after he asked his driver where to get a drink and the driver handed him one
- George Santos claimed he was volleyball ‘star’ at college he didn’t attend
- Farm herd Casper, who faced off 11 coyotes and killed 8 of them. He was missing for two days right after which they believed he was tracking the remaining coyotes and finishing the job. His vet sad was lucky to be alive and his owner said he will have him retire from herding.
- TIL boxer Jack Johnson was once pulled over for a $50 speeding ticket and gave the officer a $100 bill. When the officer said he couldn’t provide change, Johnson told him to keep it as he was going to make his return trip at the same speed.
- So i was at the mall to watch a movie and this cop approached me and i was like,”ahhh,he is gonna check me for weed in front of everyone and make a scene”. But he sweetly came up to me with a smile and wanted to click a pic with me to show his son. Here is the pic, Keep Smiling:)) Have a nice week:)
- TIL that in 1977 Bob Marley was diagnosed with melanoma under a toenail. He rejected his doctors’ advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs. The cancer subsequently spread and he died of metastatic melanoma 4 years later, at the age of 36.
- Twins separated at birth, meeting for the first time after one twin was automatically tagged as the other on social media, despite being on opposite sides of the country and being in closed adoptions.
- TIL the Cherokee writing system was made by one man, Sequoyah. It’s one of the only times in history that someone in a non-literate group invented an official script from scratch. Within 25 years, nearly 100% of Cherokee were literate, and it inspired dozens of indigenous scripts around the world.
- This chimp was born with broken ribs, had pneumonia and was abandoned by his own mother. This couple raised him and showed him love. This is how he reacts whenever he sees them now!
- An archivist found a long forgotten 8mm film reel in an old metal box, marked “Philipines 1942”. Thinking it was lost WWII footage, he sent it in to be restored/digitized. When he got the footage back, he found puppies instead.
- Anthony Borges was 15 when he shielded twenty students from the Parkland shooter by blocking a classroom door almost 5 years ago (Feb 14, 2018). Taking several bullets himself and surviving while securing the door, he was dubbed “the real Iron Man”.
- This baby chimp was born with broken ribs, had pneumonia, and was abandoned by his own mother. A human couple raised him and showed him love. this is how he reacts whenever he sees them.