Skip to content
- Google to cut 12,000 jobs and I was one of them. But I’m kinda glad I was laid off
- TIL the “empty London” scenes in 28 Days Later were achieved by filming at dawn and simply asking people to stop walking through shots, as there was no room in the $8m budget to actually shut down any parts of the city.
- TIL Terry Crews said the reason Fox didn’t promote idiocracy was because Mike Judge had companies pay for product placement and then he made them look bad (Starbucks gave out hand-jobs). The film tanked in limited release but made over 20 times its gross domestic box office revenue in DVD rentals.
- TIL Mr. Snuffleupagus from ‘Sesame Street’ was originally a friend of Big Bird’s that everyone else thought was imaginary, and it was decided that he should be seen by other people to encourage children to talk about any abuse they might have suffered.
- In 2012 , John Unger was captured floating his dog to sleep in Lake Superior . His dog had developed arthritis and weeks to live . John responded by taking “Schoep” to the water everyday to ease the pain in his final days .
- Being clever cleaning ice off a car window
- Republicans’ whataboutism is on full display view as McCarthy plots his revenge on Dems
- Fox CEO Lachlan Murdoch to face questioning as part of Dominion Voting’s $1.6 billion lawsuit
- Presenter and two people cannot work out how to shake hands simultaneously in front of an audience
- Hannity admits the lie: See smoking gun evidence as Fox chief testifies in billion dollar case
- “Green Boots,” The Frozen Body On Mt. Everest That Hikers Use As A Checkpoint
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- ‘Outright nonsense’: Fox News, GOP ‘freak out’ about gov’t coming for your gas stoves
- Robinson: Bout Was Likely Going To Get Out In Six Years, ‘That’s Really What We Were Trading’
- Farm herd Casper, who faced off 11 coyotes and killed 8 of them. He was missing for two days right after which they believed he was tracking the remaining coyotes and finishing the job. His vet sad was lucky to be alive and his owner said he will have him retire from herding.