Skip to content
- TIL Mr. Snuffleupagus from ‘Sesame Street’ was originally a friend of Big Bird’s that everyone else thought was imaginary, and it was decided that he should be seen by other people to encourage children to talk about any abuse they might have suffered.
- TIL that in 1984 Weird Al Yankovic’s single “Eat It” reached number 1 in Australia. It outranked the song that it was making a parody of, Michael Jackson’s “Beat It,” which only reached number 3.
- Young Mao Zedong statue is located on Orange Isle in Changsha, Hunan. The monument stands 32 metres (105 ft) tall and depicts Mao Zedong’s head. The Hunan People’s Government began building it in 2007 and it was completed two years later, in 2009. It took more than 800 tons of granite
- TIL Although it is lauded as an excellent psychological tool by Government Agencies, Businesses, and even some schools, the Myers-Briggs Personality Test has been deemed useless by modern psychological experts.
- A Pangolin reacts happily to a human grooming it in places it could not reach or take care of it by itself. There are many benefits to humans having opposable thumbs.
- Bought my wife a new iwatch for Christmas from our local Verizon store. Looks like someone else bought it, registered it to their account and then returned it. Dead in the water unless any of you know email@example.com’s password LoL.
- Tollund Man, a Dane who died before Jesus Christ was born. His body was discovered in 1950, and had been well preserved due to it being protected by several layers of peat.
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- my neighbor, who is able bodied and is not registered for disability, constantly parks in the disabled spot even if other spots near by are open. we live in georgia. she will sit in a spot nearby till it opens to make sure she can claim it if it’s blocked for whatever reason
- TIL of a very rare condition called Anton syndrome, in which a person becomes blind however they are unaware of it and will deny it, as their brain generates (false) visual images so they continue to believe that they can see.
- This is from the cat scan of a massive stroke I suffered in May. I had a 4% chance of survival, a 0.16% chance of not showing or suffering any indications of a stroke. I was supposed to be paralyzed if I survived. Was back at work in 2 weeks. I seem perfectly fine, it is creeping doctors out.
- 10 y.o actor Asa Butterfield in the chamber scene of The Boy In The Striped Pajamas (2008). He said “I remember being in a room full of men, some of whom were completely naked, and it was dark, and they shut the door on us, and it was just awful.”
- The aviation sector wants to reach net zero by 2050. How will it do it?
- Air Travel is Broken. Can it Be Fixed?
- An archivist found a long forgotten 8mm film reel in an old metal box, marked “Philipines 1942”. Thinking it was lost WWII footage, he sent it in to be restored/digitized. When he got the footage back, he found puppies instead.