Skip to content
- 88 yo french man evacuated a whole hospital because he had a WW1 shell stuck in his anus (full article and source in comments)
- My husband playing God of War on his Christmas PS5 with some pizza and chicken nuggets for lunch. I feel like he is in his happy place
- TIL that in 1977 Bob Marley was diagnosed with melanoma under a toenail. He rejected his doctors’ advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs. The cancer subsequently spread and he died of metastatic melanoma 4 years later, at the age of 36.
- In 2015, a father saved his son’s life when doctors wrongly declared him dead and took him off life support. He barricaded himself in the hospital and even armed himself with a gun, he then had a stand off with a swat team, until his son squeezed his hand. The son ended up making a full recovery.
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- My stepbrother was on a dating show but didn’t tell his dad. My mum filmed his reaction
- Dad encourages his son to play piano in a crowded airport. You can tell he doesn’t push, he encourages based on trust and it warmed my heart.
- It’s a new day, he is getting bolder in his attempts to be my cat
- My 12yo son keeps making me cups of tea with marshmallows in. When I said ‘I don’t want a marshmallow in it this time’ he put in two.
- This poor reindeer was buried alive. Luckily these heroes came to his aid. The moment when the reindeer realizes his friend has been waiting for him throughout is so precious.
- My dad has utility workers installing fiber in his neighborhood. He set out a refreshment stand for them
- My friend made the Charcuterie board for a Christmas event
- TIL: In 1962, a 10 year old found a radioactive capsule and took it home in his pocket and left it in a kitchen cabinet. He died 38 days later, his pregnant mom died 3 months after that, then his 2 year old sister a month later. The father survived, and only then did authorities found out why.
- Farm herd Casper, who faced off 11 coyotes and killed 8 of them. He was missing for two days right after which they believed he was tracking the remaining coyotes and finishing the job. His vet sad was lucky to be alive and his owner said he will have him retire from herding.
- My wife and her class made “ground hogs”.. I can’t stop laughing.