Skip to content
- TIL that in 2017 former NBA star Kevin Garnett showed up at the sentencing of his accountant Charles Banks to provide him with moral support upon his conviction for defrauding NBA star Tim Duncan of $7.5 million. Garnett later learned that Banks have also defrauded him of $77 million.
- TIL Prohibition Agent Izzy Einstein who bragged he could find liquor in any city in under 30 minutes. In Chicago it took him 21 minutes and Atlanta 17. However, New Orleans set the record at 35 seconds after he asked his driver where to get a drink and the driver handed him one
- TIL that in 1977 Bob Marley was diagnosed with melanoma under a toenail. He rejected his doctors’ advice to have his toe amputated, citing his religious beliefs. The cancer subsequently spread and he died of metastatic melanoma 4 years later, at the age of 36.
- Andrew Tate’s cars have been seized by Romanian authorities, including his 2.9 million dollar Bugatti
- TIL: In 1962, a 10 year old found a radioactive capsule and took it home in his pocket and left it in a kitchen cabinet. He died 38 days later, his pregnant mom died 3 months after that, then his 2 year old sister a month later. The father survived, and only then did authorities found out why.
- TIL about fertility doctor, Dr Donald Cline who fathered 94 children by secretly discarding the sperm donated by the patients’ husbands and instead used his own sperm to inseminate them.
- Farm herd Casper, who faced off 11 coyotes and killed 8 of them. He was missing for two days right after which they believed he was tracking the remaining coyotes and finishing the job. His vet sad was lucky to be alive and his owner said he will have him retire from herding.
- Flo Rida jamming out to his music in a $82.6 million lawsuit💀
- My dentist office is shoes free
- Discovery of world’s oldest DNA breaks record by one million years
- The neighbor who came to the house to say that he was cheated on by his wife
- In 2015, a father saved his son’s life when doctors wrongly declared him dead and took him off life support. He barricaded himself in the hospital and even armed himself with a gun, he then had a stand off with a swat team, until his son squeezed his hand. The son ended up making a full recovery.
- Vladimir Putin wearing elevated shoes to make him look taller
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.
- My friend (15 yo) and his brick mailbox he made in his masonry class