Skip to content
- In Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1978) John Cleese paused so long when answering Sir Bedevere that Eric Idle had to bite his scythe in order to keep from laughing. Idle says in the commentary, “John took an enormously long time on that take..so I bit the thing to prevent myself from giggling”.
- US to back Ukraine “as long as it takes”, Biden tells Zelensky
- Harry Litman: Nichols footage, ‘over twice as long’ as Rodney King, will feel like ‘an eternity’
- John Kirby: We Are Actively Working To Get Paul Whelan Home As Well
- TIL of a very rare condition called Anton syndrome, in which a person becomes blind however they are unaware of it and will deny it, as their brain generates (false) visual images so they continue to believe that they can see.
- Captains With As Little As 4.5 Months Seniority Are Getting To Fly Delta’s Boeing 757/767
- Aspirin as effective as blood thinner injections to prevent deadly complications in patients hospitalized with bone fractures
- TIL hospitals often deal with “Daughter From California syndrome” in which a long-lost relative arrives to challenge the care of a dying relative. They demand aggressive measures, and are described as “angry, articulate, and informed”.
- ‘It’s as real as it gets’: Second Gentleman marks Holocaust Remembrance Day
- UK woodlands could store almost twice as much carbon as previously estimated
- Ankylosaurs battled each other as much as they fought off T. rex
- Time Magazine has named Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and “the spirit of Ukraine” as its 2022 Person of the Year
- Men may not ‘perceive’ domestic tasks as needing doing in the same way as women, philosophers argue
- Accused Arizona cult leader has 20 wives as young as age 9, possibly married own daughter, FBI alleges
- Twins separated at birth, meeting for the first time after one twin was automatically tagged as the other on social media, despite being on opposite sides of the country and being in closed adoptions.