Skip to content
- Matthew Todd Miller is an American citizen who was detained in North Korea. He had travelled to North Korea intending to get arrested because he wanted to experience conditions in prison and secretly investigate and expose the country’s dim human rights situation. He was released after 6 months.
- Sadio Mané, the Senegalese Bayern Munich football player is transforming Bambaly, his native Senegal village: He built an hospital, a school and he is paying 80 euros a month all its citizens. Recently he installed a 4G network and built a postal office.
- there is a young autistic gentleman in my neighborhood that likes to come over about twice a week and look at my old car. apparently the only time he speaks is when he’s around my car.
- TIL Mount Everest is named after Sir George Everest despite him having zero connection to the mountain (he never even saw it) and against his own wishes. He objected to the naming on the grounds that “Everest” could not be easily written in Hindi nor pronounced by the local people.
- A bakery in North Yorkshire is reverting to a practice from medieval times by offering to bake local people’s cakes – because of very high energy prices in the UK. Ed Trewhitt says he wants to get the most out of the always-on heat and is also providing a public warming room above his bakery. (MiC)
- So i was at the mall to watch a movie and this cop approached me and i was like,”ahhh,he is gonna check me for weed in front of everyone and make a scene”. But he sweetly came up to me with a smile and wanted to click a pic with me to show his son. Here is the pic, Keep Smiling:)) Have a nice week:)
- It is a pleasure to report that he is still taking care of his ping pong eggs
- He is pretty pumped that he gets to have a sleepover at Grandmas.
- Farm herd Casper, who faced off 11 coyotes and killed 8 of them. He was missing for two days right after which they believed he was tracking the remaining coyotes and finishing the job. His vet sad was lucky to be alive and his owner said he will have him retire from herding.
- My creeper neighbor doesn’t like me for rejecting him. This is the kind of stuff he does to try to get back at me. It kept happening so I talked to the garbage men. They said every time my fan is knocked over, they will pick up my trash….but they won’t pick up his (to try to get him to stop)
- When no one else is around to boop his snoot, he boops it himself.
- This chimp was born with broken ribs, had pneumonia and was abandoned by his own mother. This couple raised him and showed him love. This is how he reacts whenever he sees them now!
- This baby chimp was born with broken ribs, had pneumonia, and was abandoned by his own mother. A human couple raised him and showed him love. this is how he reacts whenever he sees them.
- It’s a new day, he is getting bolder in his attempts to be my cat
- TIL Warren Buffett bought Berkshire Hathaway purely out of spite. In the 60s it was a failing textiles company which he wanted to sell his stake in. When its president lowballed him, he bought the whole company just to fire him. In 2010, he said it was the biggest investment mistake he ever made.